Signed in as:
Signed in as:
How to choose a Real Estate Broker.
At Atomic Realty we are biased. We believe working with a real estate Broker will help you sell your house faster, smoother, and usually for more money than if you don’t use a Broker.
Compare what others do to what Atomic Realty does and charges. We are unique in that Atomic Realty is a full time, full-service real estate company that charges $599 upfront and 4% at closing. We are a virtual company meaning we don’t carry the cost of an office and we pass that savings on to you. It's your money, be smart with it.
Please don’t confuse lack of high pressure with a lack of interest. We would love to service you and your property. However, you will not get endless emails and unsolicited calls from us. We believe you are adults and can make rational decisions without high pressure.
When deciding what Broker to use consider::
1) Treat the transaction as a business transaction, get the best value for your money.
Ask the Broker “What do you charge for your service?" Atomic Realty feels comfortable with what we charge and what we do. We often charge less than others for the same full service. We believe you should check around - See what companies charge and compare what they do.
2) Ask other Broker’s if they have any room to negotiate their commission. Ask “Why do they deserve what they are charging? How much more is that, in dollars, than Atomic Realty’s $599 + 4% full service plan?”
3) Ask them for a list of what they do, listen carefully. Ask "Can you provide me with a list or what your service includes? Our list of services includes " WHAT TO EXPECT FROM ATOMIC REALTY. Once Listed, Atomic Realty will save you time. You will not have to take your time to manage the logistics of selling, we will;
a) Market your home on the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, and others,
b) Take high quality photos. We own professional grade cameras.
c) Take a 3D video of your property. We own 3D cameras.
d) Provide “For Sale” signs and directional signs.
e) Market your home on social media.
f) Showcase your home with open houses.
g) Coordinate all showings, with Buyers and Brokers.
h) Schedule and attend all open houses.
i) Present, discuss, and provide insight into ALL offers, counters, disclosures, tax docs, HOAs, etc.
j) Coordinate with Buyer’s and their Brokers following up with all the parties on their side of the transaction to make sure it is timely and working to close.
k) Coordinate private party inspections, appraisals, and the other parts of the transaction.
l) Atomic Realty will coordinate with all the institutional parties in the transaction, Banks, Title Companies, and other Brokers.
4) Ask Them ,"Do you have another job?" Do they work in this industry full time? Ask “if you have another job how do you expect to service my property adequately?” You may get a song and dance of how other part timers in the office will "cover" their listing while they are at work but the real answer is they can't, they don’t. Their loyalty is at their job, not you or your property or your investment. At Atomic Realty we take your investment seriously, we sell homes full time for a living, not as a hobby or some "mad money."
5) Ask them how many homes THEY PERSONALLY have listed or sold, don’t be misled by ``my team sold” or “my office sold”. What did they sell? How much effort do they commit to you and your investment?
6) Ask them what justifies what they charge and what is unique about the service they provide. If it's not a unique service why not go with the best value?
7) If you hire a Broker merely because they are “a friend” make sure they are a good friend because you may be "gifting" them a lot of YOUR money. If they are truly your friend, ask them to provide a list of what services they provide and to REDUCE their commission.
8) Often desperate Broker’s will imply they can sell your home for more or faster because they have lived here for a long time or are friends with many local people. Any rational person knows merely living somewhere and the friends they keep does not make their service and work ethic any better or worse, generally it's a diversion from their performance. That is why most successful Sellers and employers look at education, and experience as the cornerstones for hiring, not how long you have lived somewhere or the friends they keep. Why would a Seller's property investment be any less important?
9) Don't fall for the "bait and switch” If a company offers to put you on the MLS for some small fee - Generally they do nothing else for you. That is not a full service listing.
10) FSBOs - If you are a FSBO and a Broker has told you they have a Buyer and they want 3% to bring you that buyer. Are you sure you are getting the most money for your house? You may be left having no one working in your best interest. For only $599+1% more consider listing with Atomic Realty at only $599 + 4%, TOTAL. For this we manage all the marketing, scheduling, and paperwork and work to get the highest price and best terms for your house.